Livin’ Local: Time out Market Chicago
The best of the city under one roof, Time out Market Chicago is a 50,000 sq. ft. market with three floors including a roof top deck, 600 seats, 18 vendors, event space, and multiple drinking and entertainment options. Opened on Nov. 19th, this is the spot to taste your way through town. It’s only a half a mile walk from Catalyst location and a 5 minute Uber/Lyft from the Presidential Towers. The Chicago location is the sixth edition of Timeout markets in the world. Dubai has next, in 2020, along with plans for London and Praha to be constructed.
What makes the Chicago Location unique is the late-night influence. On weekdays the market is open till 11:00 pm and on the weekends it is open till midnight. The space includes six bars: three adjoined bars take up a large portion of the first floor, serving signature cocktails from a local bartenders, a wide selection of Chicago beers, and wine. The second-floor bar offers bleacher-style seating. There’s plenty of other seating on the third floor allowing for people to linger and hang out with a drink.
Chicago is known for its wide-range of architecture, and the market just adds to it. A massive skylight hangs over the market filling the entire first-floor and much of the surrounding vendors with natural light. This will be the place to hangout for magical winter views.
According to Chicago Eater, you should give these following food items a try:
- Abe Conlon’s Porco Alentejana (sautéed manila clams, roast pork, Yukon potato, fennel, and vinho verde)
- Decent Beef’s “Beet Street” (vegan Italian sandwich with spiced and roasted shaved beets and umami jus on a crusty sub roll)
- Brian Fisher’s Chicken Katsu (chicken mousseline, fermented blueberries, kewpie, shio cabbage, shokupan, and beni shoga ginger)
- John Manion’s Maximo Beef Rib (with charred salsa verde and horseradish sweet potatoes)
- Pretty Cool Ice Cream’s Chicago Mix Fancy Pop